Encoding and decoding string in HTML
HTML characters encoder
HTML Encoder main options
- Choose charset - pressing button GO will change html page encoding. The page content will not be changed but the text inside windows: Plain string and Encoded string will be changed by some logic. This is usefull to study text distortion, that often occured in the Internet, also this can be usefull to decode those strange texts. Attention: changing encoding in the select box would not take effect if you did not press button GO.
- Converting HTML special characters
< > & " ' to html entities, it is usefull for inserting html code in the html page as a text.
- Converting all applicable characters to HTML entities - converts all html characters that have html entity equivalent , this option can help to show the name of some characters (laquo,dash and etc).
Converting all characters - converts all characters to their HTML numeric character references (unicode number). Since the representation of the numeric references are equally for the all page encodings, then this option can be used to make page,
that do not depends of encoding options.
If Except latin1 (ASCII chars) checkbox will be checked, that ASCII characters (first 127 characters of unicode) will not be converted. This option can help convert html page content and do not touch special chars.
- Byte representation (dump) - converts string to byte stream with hex of decimal representation. For multibyte string utf-8, some characters can be encoded by multiple byte. This option can be usefull to text analysis and it is compatible with the url encoding method.
- Base64 encoding - converts string to MIME base64.